CALL TO THE ISRAELITE
Many troubling things are happening in the earth at this time. All the foundations of the earth are out of course (Psalm 82:5). In order to find rest for our souls, we must ask for the old paths.Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
A Call to the Israelite, A Call to Remembrance
- Do you remember your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?
- Do you remember the God of Abram, that brought forth Abram out of Ur of the Chaldees and made him many great promises?
- Do you remember that Abram believed in the LORD and the LORD counted it to him for righteousness (Genesis 15:6)? Abraham eventually died, but God never forgot his promises to Abraham, they remained active generation after generation.
- Do you remember Isaac, the son of Abraham? God established his covenant with Isaac for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him (Genesis 17:19).
- Do you remember Jacob, the son of Isaac? Jacob wrestled with the angel and his name was changed to Israel--this is where you got your name from, Israel. You yourself are proof that Israel lived.Genesis 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Israel/Jacob was a man, a real man that walked upon the face of this earth. We know about him from the holy scriptures--not the Talmud, etc. What we know about the God of Israel comes from the word of God and not from man and man's traditions and commentaries and schools and scholarship and occult methods of contacting God "directly". God has so arranged things that we are to hearken to his word alone--there is no place for man's traditions and deceptions to override God's word. If any man contradicts God's word, it is because there is no light in that man.Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
We are to obey God's word and not the word of man. Through the ages, a body of seemingly endless traditions and commentaries have arisen from amongst men. These rules and regulations of man have contradicted God's word.Proverbs 30:5-6 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
God has spoken plainly in his word and not in any mystical (as in cabbalistic, etc.) way. The commandment is not hidden nor is it far off. We are to read God's word for ourselves so that we can keep his commandments.Deuteronomy 30:11 For THIS COMMANDMENT which I command thee this day, IT IS NOT HIDDEN FROM THEE, NEITHER IS IT FAR OFF.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But THE WORD IS VERY NIGH THEE, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, THAT THOU MAYEST DO IT.
God's word is so nigh unto us that all we have to do is believe it in our hearts and start confessing it. We study to shew ourselves approved unto God, workmen that needeth not to be ashamed RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH. We read God's word, understand it, and live by it and not by our own ideas.
- The God Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the true and the living God, the God who created heaven and earth. We learn this information from the word of God--the Bible is where this information is recorded. The Bible is how we know God's name, his nature, his mighty acts, his plans, his mercy, and all that he wants us to know. May all people be done with the words of man and man's traditions, commentaries, schools, secrets, gnosticism, magic, sorcery, witchcraft, and lies. May we all get back to the God of the Bible and his word (the Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible)--it is only then that can we know the truth.Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.
6 For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.
7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.
8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
11 As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.
12 A glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary.
13 O Lord, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the Lord, the fountain of living waters.
14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
- Do you remember that Jacob had 12 sons? They came to be known as the 12 tribes of Israel-- Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Benjamin, Joseph, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
- Do you remember that the children of Israel were in Egypt as slaves for 400 years? It was there that they grew into a great nation (Genesis 46:3). God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob (Exodus 2:24).
- Do you remember how God brought them out? Do you remember the passover? That first passover occurred about 3,500 years ago under the hand of Moses. It is still remembered today. With an high hand, the God of your fathers caused the children of Israel to go out of Egypt. He delivered you.
- Do you remember that the God of your fathers that led the children of Israel through the wilderness in a pillar of a cloud by day and by a pillar of fire by night? God took care of you. Do you remember him and his word and his promises? Do you read his word and hearken to it? Do you remember the God of Abraham and the fear of Isaac? Do you remember the covenant? Do you know what it says?
- In the midst of these troublesome times, Isaiah 51:1-2 still calls out to the Israelite,"...look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged. Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him."
- Do you remember when the God of your fathers came down upon mount Sinai? Do you remember the ten commandments?
- Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honour thy father and thy mother.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
- Thou shalt not covet.
- Do you remember that your fathers could not keep the commandments (yea, no one can on their own)? Do you remember that the Levitical priesthood slew sacrifices for their own sins and for the sins of the children of Israel? Year after year the Levitical priesthood sacrificed beasts to atone for sins. This had to do this continually because the blood of beasts could never take away sins (Hebrews 10:4, 11). This practice continued until the promised seed should come. Hebrews chapter nine testifies that Christ is come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle than what they had in the wilderness, a tabernacle not made with hands. Christ, the Messiah of Israel, did not come by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. He appeared on the earth to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself--this he did one time, and he rose from the dead. Those that REPENT of their sins, BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ (his death, his burial, and his resurrection), and OBEY his words (his commandments are not grievous) are members of the kingdom of God (which consists of an holy and peculiar people that obey God's word). As men, women, boys, and girls believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and follow his word, they are helped and changed and fitted for the kingdom of God. "But Christianity has harmed us!" some may object. Actually, there is no "Christianity," there is only a kingdom for true Christians--the kingdom of God. [Aside: When people and authors say that "Christianity" killed many people, they are usually referring to the Roman Catholic institution--she has systematically killed multiplied millions of harmless Christians (and others) in her Inquisitions, she sought to exterminate us as "heretics" because we believed God's word instead of her.]
We get saved by the blood of Jesus--he died for our sins to atone for our sins so that God can forgive us of our sins (we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God). The Lord Jesus did not remain dead, he rose from the dead on the third day and ever liveth to make intercession for us. Because he rose from the dead, all men will rise from the dead--some to everlasting life, some to everlasting condemnation. When we get saved, we study God's word (the Authorized King James Version of 1611 of the Bible), and obey it--as we do this, the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost, helps us to understand the word and helps us as we seek to obey God's word.
- Do you remember when Joshua led your people into the promised land and God gave Israel all that he promised?
- Do you remember your judges? how that even after Israel had been disobedient, God would raise them up a saviour and a judge? God took care of you.
- Do you remember David who killed Goliath and one day became king of Israel?
- Do you remember the prophesies about the son of David, the Messiah of Israel? He is a son given, he is God and he sits upon the throne of David.Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us A SON is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and HIS NAME shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, UPON THE THRONE OF DAVID, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
Ezekiel 34:23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
Ezekiel 34:24 And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.
Ezekiel 37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
Ezekiel 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
Matthew 22:41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
Matthew 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
- Did you know that the Lord Jesus Christ is the son of David?Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
14 And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. [see Isaiah 7:14, Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.]
24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
- Did you know that the Hebrew scriptures teach that God is an "us"?Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Did you know that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit can be seen in the Old Testament?The Father:Isaiah 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
The Son:Psalms 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, THOU ART MY SON; THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE.
Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and WHAT IS HIS SON'S NAME, if thou canst tell?
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us A SON IS GIVEN: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace.
The Holy Spirit:Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Isaiah 63:10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
Isaiah 63:11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?
Did you know that the Son of God came to the earth to save his people from their sins?Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Did you know that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God (see John 20:31) and that he came to save his people from their sins (see Matthew 1:21)? Did you know that he is the fulfillment of Isaiah 53 and the Messianic prophecies?
- Do you remember why Abram's name was changed to Abraham?Genesis 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
How is Abraham spiritually the father of many nations? Romans chapter 4 shows that Abraham is the father of all those who believe God and have faith in him. Abraham's faith was accounted to him for righteousness while he was yet uncircumcised--Abraham is the father of both the circumcision and the uncircumcision--to all those that believe God and have faith in his word, not just the father of the Jew but also of the Gentile. The situation of the believing Gentile is that of a wild olive tree being graffed into the good olive tree of Israel, partaking from the root and fatness of their olive tree. Such an one has no room to boast against the natural branches (the children of Israel) and abides in that tree by faith alone (see Romans chapter 11). In Christ Jesus, those of us who were sometimes far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ, the Messiah of Israel. The Lord Jesus Christ hath made of twain (Jew and Gentile), one new man, so making peace. Those that love the Lord Jesus and obey his word are one body.Ephesians 1:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
- Did you know that God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew (see Romans 11:2)? Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. There is come a deliverer from Sion to turn away ungodliness from Jacob. The just shall live BY FAITH in him, the Lord Jesus Christ who died for us, was buried, and rose again on the third day. Having believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Salvation is about a him, the Lord Jesus Christ. It is about repenting of our sins and believing on him and obeying his words which are found in the Bible (the Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible). Repenting and believing on the name of the Lord makes a person saved from the wrath to come, reconciled to God, and born again. Being born again changes the conditions inside of a person. They read God's word and hearken to it and start making changes based on what they read day-by-day. By the fear of the Lord, men depart from evil--being born again makes holiness possible, and a reality, for saved men, women, boys, and girls. God's people are an holy nation and his peculiar treasure, his peculiar people; they form a kingdom of priests and a royal priesthood. We can see this in both the Old Testament and the New Testament.
4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a PECULIAR treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. Leviticus 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the Lord your God.
2 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a PECULIAR people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.
16 This day the LORD thy God hath commanded thee to do these statutes and judgments: thou shalt therefore keep and do them with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
17 Thou hast avouched the LORD this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice:
18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his PECULIAR people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments;
19 And to make thee high above all nations which he hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honour; and that thou mayest be an holy people unto the LORD thy God, as he hath spoken.
1 Praise ye the Lord. Praise ye the name of the Lord; praise him, O ye servants of the Lord.
2 Ye that stand in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God,
3 Praise the Lord; for the Lord is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.
4 For the Lord hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his PECULIAR treasure.
5 For I know that the Lord is great, and that our Lord is above all gods.
6 Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.
7 He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings for the rain; he bringeth the wind out of his treasuries.
8 Who smote the firstborn of Egypt, both of man and beast.
9 Who sent tokens and wonders into the midst of thee, O Egypt, upon Pharaoh, and upon all his servants.
10 Who smote great nations, and slew mighty kings;
11 Sihon king of the Amorites, and Og king of Bashan, and all the kingdoms of Canaan:
12 And gave their land for an heritage, an heritage unto Israel his people.
13 Thy name, O Lord, endureth for ever; and thy memorial, O Lord, throughout all generations.
14 For the Lord will judge his people, and he will repent himself concerning his servants.
15 The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
16 They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not;
17 They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths.
18 They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trusteth in them.
19 Bless the Lord, O house of Israel: bless the Lord, O house of Aaron:
20 Bless the Lord, O house of Levi: ye that fear the Lord, bless the Lord.
21 Blessed be the Lord out of Zion, which dwelleth at Jerusalem. Praise ye the Lord.
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a PECULIAR people, zealous of good works.
15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
1 Peter 2
1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a PECULIAR people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
This royal priesthood has a ministry of reconciliation--praying men to be reconciled to God through his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
A Search for Atoning Blood ("One spring evening many years ago, an old Jewish gentleman gave the following personal account to a meeting of fellow Hebrews...." "...you have done everything but that which Jehovah required first of all.") The Authorized Version of 1611 of the Holy Bible Overview of the Bible Messianic Prophesies Fulfilled by the Lord Jesus Christ How to Get to Heaven Hell is Real Israel versus the Church: A False Dichotomy
Notes and Quotes Index
Deception Series and Email Archives