"Will God forgive me?"
Psalm 103:11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
God is a forgiving God and God is a merciful God. He will forgive you if you are coming to him for forgiveness and so that you can keep his word.
"But I have been bad."
God knows that you have been bad. We have ALL been bad and we have ALL have sinned and we have ALL come short of the glory of God--and God is still merciful. We know this from the Bible. In the Bible, we learn that there have been bad people that have believed on the name of the Lord. The harlot (prostitute) Rahab believed on the name of the Lord and she was listed as one of people of faith in the book of Hebrews. Another example--one woman had had five husbands and was with yet another man who was not her husband when she came to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Another example--the Lord Jesus Christ cast out seven devils from Mary Magdalene and she became his disciple. She was the first to see him after he rose from the dead. Another example--one man had Legion, 2,000 devils inside of him and the Lord Jesus cast them out and the man became his disciple. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, THE ANOINTED ONE, DID NOT COME TO CALL THE RIGHTEOUS, ****BUT SINNERS**** TO REPENTANCE (see Luke 5:32). God will forgive you, if you are coming unto him for forgiveness and for righteousness, because you want leave sin and be his child and obey his word. God will forgive you because he is a merciful God.His mercy endureth for ever:Psalm 106:1
Psalm 118:1, 2, 3, 4, 29
Psalm 136: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
His mercy is everlasting: Psalm 100:5
He is plenteous in mercy: Psalm 103:8
His mercy is great above the heavens: 108:4
The earth is FULL of his mercy: Psalm 119:64
He is slow to anger and of GREAT mercy: Psalm 145:8
"But what if I have been a whoremonger?"
"But what if I have been a homosexual, gay?"
"But what if I have been a lesbian?"
"But what if I have been transgender?"
"But what if I have been bisexual?"
"But what if I have been a witch?"
"But what if I was taught to believe and confess bad things and blasphemies about the Lord?"
God can forgive you and he is willing to forgive you. He is not willing that you should perish. All you have to do is
- Repent of your sins. Ask God to forgive you of your sins and ask him to help you to leave those things for ever.
- Believe in his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ--that he died to pay the price for your sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day.
- Obey the word of God. His word is not grievous, it is lifegiving. The Christian life is a nice working lifestyle--there is plenty to do before the Lord. What we see in the false churches today is not the Christian lifestyle. Many professed Christians are not Christians. Church people are often worldly watching television, etc. and believing false doctrines that are contrary to the Bible. Some of them have joined the contemplative prayer movement and are basically magicians-in-training worshipping the devil. These are times of apostasy. You need to read the Bible for yourself and obey it, it is your bread.
Important links for more information:
- How to Get to Heaven (more information about being saved.)
- The Deliverance Series (designed to help Christians to leave behind that which held them bound, e.g., bad habits and compulsive sins that ensnare them.)
- The Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible (the word of God is your bread, you can read it here, print it out, etc.)
- Overview of the Bible
- Our index page (this website contains testimonies of how people got saved, as well as articles, books, Christian hymns, Christian helps, etc.)