The Martyrs of Jesus
And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints,
and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her,
I wondered with great admiration. And the angel said unto me,
Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman,
and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
--Revelation 17:6-7, The Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible
What you will read:
- The Martyrs of Jesus (their beliefs, trials they endured, etc.)
- Who is the woman drunken with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus?
* * * The Martyrs of Jesus: * * *
- The Martyrs of Jesus: The Waldenses -- Some moral precepts left by the Waldenses to the churches
- Testimony of ancient writers, regarding the virtuous life of the Waldenses (Martyrs Mirror, p. 288-289)
- The Albigenses
Pope Innocent III
instigator of the formalized Roman Catholic Inquisition that would last over 600 years (beginning in the 1200s A.D.). He turned the armies of the Crusades against true Christians.
* * * Who is the woman drunken with the blood of the saints and
with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus? * * *
Christians for many years have been able to identify the Roman Catholic "Church" as the woman, the great whore, of Revelation chapter 17. The Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible describes her very precisely. She--
- is arrayed in purple and scarlet (Revelation 17:4),
- is decked with gold, precious stones and pearls (Revelation 17:4),
- has a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication,
- is named MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT (Revelation 17:5),
- is THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH (Revelation 17:5),
- is drunken with the blood of the saints (Revelation 17:6),
- is a city that sitteth on seven mountains (Revelation 17:9)
- and (there are seven kings (Revelation 17:10)),
- reigneth over the kings of the earth (they have lived deliciously with her, she has also tyrannized them interdicting nations, assasinating kings, calling for her Catholic people as recusants, her Jesuits talking Catholics into mischief and murder and assassination such as in the infamous Gunpowder Plot of 1605 where Catholics tried to blow up King James I of Great Britain and the entire British Parliament, etc.) (Revelation 17:18; 18:9) There are disturbing pictures, still extant/available, which illustrate popes of old humiliating kings of nations.
The Roman Catholic Church is not Christian; her precepts contradict the Bible repeatedly. Nowadays, it can be heard that the Roman Catholic Church gave us the Bible--but she actually burned Bibles and them that translated and believed the Bible (witness William Tyndale, a good and a great man). Rome is full of heresies (e.g., Mary remained a virgin) and blasphemies (e.g., the mass--many died for not believing this). She has killed multitudes of Christians. She has maintained her blasphemous reign as the so-called "church" by force and deception--not by the truth of the Bible (which she publicly railed against). The Bible reveals who Rome is and is therefore dangerous to her. Why is she posing as the Christian church? False religion is a money maker. Her doctrines/teachings have enabled her to collect wealth, delicacies, adoration, and power for centuries on end. Her doctrines are made up stories consisting of various elements and superstitions and pasted together with some Bible names. Even one of her popes said that the Roman Catholic false Christ (her transubstantiatable "victim,") is a made up fable. When the Roman Catholic "Church" speaks of Christ, it is speaking of its own invention, not the true Christ. That is why her doctrines are diametrically opposed to the Bible, they have been made up over centuries of time. One can find dates when various heresies have been added to the pot (infallibility of the pope, assumption of Mary, etc.). The Bible speaks of people who preach "another Jesus" (2 Corinthians11:4)--and Rome is in that category. Her doctrines are lies, blasphemies, heresies, and fables--
"Every age knows how useful this fable of Christ has been to us and ours*...8"
8 Fa de Christo fabula. Mornaei Hist. Papatus, p. 820.
Statement attributed to Pope Leo X who was speaking to his secretary Bembo.
(excerpted from History of the Reformation of the Sixteenth Century, Volume 1, Books 1-4
by J.H. Merle D'Aubigne, Legacy Publications edition, p. 51)
*(Rome's fables are not useful, they are dangerous; they are actually destroying people's souls, forever--Leo now knows this for himself)
Rome killed Christians. She is drunken with the blood of the saints (Revelation 17:6), it intoxicates her, that woman that sits on seven mountains (Revelation 17:9). For centuries, the woman that sits on seven mountains has called Bible believing Christians, "heretics", and herself, "the Church"--but the Bible reveals that she is actually the woman of Revelation 17, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH (Revelation 17:5). Christians have known this for ages, the historical record shows that abundantly. A few quick examples:
- In King James' Paraphrase of the Revelation (written in the 1500s, he was not twenty years of age) he noted of Revelation 17, "The Angel expounded to John this vision of the Pope."
- In his Premonition* to All Most Mighty Monarchs, Kings, Free Princes, and States of Christendom, when King James expounded concerning the woman being that city setting on the seven mountanins, he did not take the time to list the hills, he just said, "First, they are called seven Hils, which is plaine." Everybody would know that. *[warning]
- King Edward VI of England said this in his A Small Treatise Against the Primacy of the Pope (1549), "In the following chapter he declares that one of the Seven Angels came and talked with him, and showed him the state, honour, and riches of the pope ; for he says, (Apo. xvii. [Apocalypse/Revelation 17]) he saw A woman sit upon the beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns ; and the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold, having a golden cup in her hand, full of abominations and filthiness of her fornications ; and upon her forehead was written, Babylon, the mother of harlots, and abominations of the earth. The seven heads signify the seven hills which Antichrist dwells on (Apo. xvii.) for Rome is built upon seven mountains*." *[seven mountains/hills of Rome: Palatine, Capitoline, Aventine, Caelian (Caelius), Esquiline, Viminal, Quirinal]
For centuries, Rome has killed, tormented, and robbed people that she has called "heretics." But what is a heretic?HERETIC, n. ...In strictness, among Christians, a person who holds and avows religious opinions contrary to the doctrines of Scripture, the only rule of faith and practice.
That said, when we look at the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church we see that she is a heretic. So then, what exactly does the Roman Catholic "Church" consider a heretic?
"He is a heretic who does not believe what the Roman hierarchy teaches. --A heretic merits the pains of fire.--By the Gospel [our note: not true, we are to love our enemies], the canons, civil law, and custom, heretics must be burned."--148, 169 Directory for the Inquisitors (As quoted in The American Textbook of Popery, page 379)
"It is permitted NEITHER to think NOR to teach otherwise than the court of Rome directs"; Pope Marcellus, Corpus Juris Canonici, Part II. of the Decretals, Cause 24 (Chapter 15) as taken from The American Textbook of Popery, page 373
It is to be noted that the following quotes were not spoken as empty words, but were actually adhered to and followed by the Roman Catholic subjects of the popes. The popes were not the ones to do all the torturing and killing and stealing, it was their subjects (whether kings and their armies or ordinary Catholics themselves). This is not to say that all Catholics, to a man, have participated in these atrocities--some Catholics have lost their lives for what have been called their "liberal" opinions--but it must be known that the pope's Roman Catholic troops did the murdering, torturing, burning, looting, etc. The man in the "holy see" has a power over people and many hang on his every word and obey him instead of the Bible. The massacring did not only happen in the distant past. It was seen again in the twentieth century in Croatia where about 800,000 Serbs, Jews, Romas, etc. were massacred (for a picture album showing Catholic clergy and Croatian Ustasha murderers (some Ustasha were both) see this link (cursor down link for photographs))."From the beginning of the Papacy, it was the ancient custom to promulgate laws against heretics. . .." --Pope Clement IV 131, 132 (Directory for the Inquisitors as quoted in The American Text-Book of Popery, page 379)
"ALL sects of HERETICS are CONDEMNED AND various PUNISHMENTS ARE APPOINTED FOR THEM AND THEIR ACCOMPLICES." --Pope Alexander IV, --p. 135 (Directory for the Inquisitors as quoted in The American Text-Book of Popery, page 379)
"Every individual may kill a heretic." ----Directory for the Inquisitors, page 175 (As quoted in The American Textbook of Popery page 380)
A WHOLE CITY MUST BE BURNT ON ACCOUNT OF THE HERETICS WHO LIVE IN IT.--WHOEVER PLEASES MAY SEIZE AND KILL ANY HERETICS.--Directory for the Inquisitors, page 199 (As quoted in The American Textbook of Popery page 380)
"The Roman faith destroys all heresy, and tolerates none" --Pope Sixtus II., Corpus Juris Canonici, Part II. of the Decretals, Cause 24 (Chapters 10, 15) (As quoted in The American Textbook of Popery, page 373)
"Those convicted of heresy. . .shall be taken in shackles to the head of state or ruler or his special representative, instantly, or at least within fire days, and the latter shall APPLY THE REGULATIONS PROMULGATED AGAINST SUCH PERSONS [our note: prisoners, after having been tortured, were often turned over to the state/"secular arm" and burned to death]. Pope Innocent IV, Ad Extirpanda, Law 24
"Inquisitors must discard all fear, and intrepidly proceed against heretical pravity." --Pope Clement IV., 136 (Directory for the Inquisitors as quoted in The American Text-Book of Popery, page 379)
"Pope Innocent VIII.--'Authority is given to all Inquisitors to proceed against heresy; and especially in upper Germany.' Year 1484.--To that bull was principally owing the indescribable massacres of several hundreds of thousands of the Waldenses, Bohemian brethren, the Lollards, and others; who under various names rejected, in different degrees, the abominations of the Papacy." (As quoted in The American Text-Book of Popery, pages 390-391) 
 Bibliographic information concerning The American Text-Book of Popery quoted above and the Directory for the Inquisitors from which it quotes:
- The American Text-Book of Popery: Being an Authentic Compend of the Bulls, Canons and Decretals of the Roman Hierarchy. New York: Published by S.W. Benedict & Co, 1844.
- Information for the Directory for the Inquisitors as noted on page 377 of The American Text-Book of Popery--"Directorium Inquisitorium F.N. Eymerici Ordinis Praedicatorum. Cum Commentariis Franc. Pegnae, Sac. Palat. Auditoris." ...It commences with Pegna's dedication to Pope Gregory XIII. Then follows that Pontiffs approbation of the work; to which is subjoined Pegna's address to the Cardinals Inquisitors; and the volume is closed with these words; that the volume was finished and published at Rome in October 1584, "Jussu Rev. Dom. Cardinalium Inquisitorium General in univers. Rep. Christiana; by the command of the Cardinals Inquisitors General."
Also from page 377 of The American Text-Book of Popery--A few sentences which have already been cited from the "Corpus Juris Canonici" are repeated expressly to demonstrate that the Papal dogmas, however revolting, are not a dead letter, and propositions in books only; but that they are permanent rules of action, and a code of laws ever in operation, where those dreadful enactments can be enforced.
The volume [speaking of Directory for the Inquisitors] is divided into two distinct collections. One is the Directory of the duties appertaining to the Inquisitors in three parts. The second treatise contains the bulls, or letters of twenty different Pontiffs concerning the office of the Inquisition.
The historical record reveals that Roman persecution of Christians began in the days of the imperial Roman caesars and would continue with Roman Catholic papal caesars (which still bear the style of Pontifex Maximus like the heathen imperial Roman caesars). The machinery of the Inquisition was confirmed and tended to by various Popes of the Roman Catholic "Church". The Roman Catholic Church is not Christian. She is the great whore of Revelation chapter 17, she fits the description exactly and precisely.
The Inquisition resulted in the deaths of millions of peaceful Christians whom the Roman Catholic "Church" called "heretics" because they believed the Bible instead of Roman Catholic heresies and blasphemies (such as "purgatory" (like a hell that people can pay their way out of--plenty of money for the coffers of the "Church") and "transubstantiation" (says that the Roman Catholic priest can basically do an incantation and turn a piece of bread into the real body and divinty of the Lord Jesus Christ and that the Romish priest can truly turn wine into the blood of Jesus).
- "...Lord Acton observed, it was 'the Popes in particular that caused and instigated the sufferings and persecutions, involving themselves in detail even in the minute ways that believers were to be tortured.'"
- "...in 1487, Pope Innocent VIII planned and ordered the persecution of the Vaudois believers who had remained faithful to biblical faith since apostolic times." Excerpted from "Systematic Murder of Believers: The Untold History of the Inquisition" by former Roman Catholic priest Richard Bennett
Many endured horrible treatment at the hands of Rome while the Roman Catholics themselves were spiritually deceived for centuries on end and were taught to believe lies. History shows that it has been by force and deceit (not the truth of the scriptures) that Rome has kept her blasphemous kingdom together.). Excerpts from "Systematic Murder of Believers: The Untold History of the Inquisition" by former Roman Catholic priest Richard Bennett--
- "In 1203, Pope Innocent III published a decree in France that began the extermination of what the Pope called heresy. This marked the start of the Inquisition as a distinctive Papal institution. It was to endure until its final dissolution in Spain and Portugal in 1808*. Pope Innocent III began by commanding armies of the Crusade [our note: Roman Catholics were given incentive to join killing Crusades, e.g. by promises of forgiveness of sins.] to attack the Albigenses [our note: a group of peaceful Christians] in France."*[Our note: the office of the Inquisition basically still exists, its name has just been changed. An excerpt from decept19.htm--When examining history, one can see that the Mother has used certain strategems through the ages, perfecting techniques and changing the names of things. For instance, the bloodthirsty office of Inquisition changed its name.It was
the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Roman and Universal Inquisition
it is now called
The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) (Congregatio pro Doctrina Fidei)
The following from en.wikipedia.org--
The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) (Congregatio pro Doctrina Fidei), previously known as the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Roman and Universal Inquisition, and sometimes simply called the Holy Office is the oldest of the nine congregations of the Roman Curia. Among the most active of these major Curial departments, it oversees Catholic doctrine. The CDF is the modern name for what used to be the Holy Office of the Inquisition.
- "Charles VIII of France agreed to raise an army for the destruction of the Vaudois. The Pope promised forgiveness of sins and a share in the goods to those who participated. [our note: when studying the inquisition, one comes across two big drawing cards used to get Roman Catholics to fight as "crusaders"--(1) forgiveness of sins (Roman Catholics are not taught to simply believe on the the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved. They are taught about sacraments and all kinds of blasphemies and heresies. They are basically told that they cannot know for sure if or when they are going to heaven--but when they enlisted in the crusading killing force all of a sudden they can get some certain forgivenesses if they fight for the Romish "church") and (2) some spoils/loot/wealth from the victims of their gangster activities] The army was joined by thousands of gangsters urged on by the promise of forgiveness of sins and the expectation of obtaining spoil from the Vaudois possessions."
Read more. . .
Keywords: martyrs, inquisition, Roman Catholic church tortured, tormented, murdered Christians; Roman colosseum, crusades, crusaders, inquisitors; the great whore of Revelation 17, auto de fe,
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH, Roman Inquisition, Spanish Inquisition