[Note: Some spelling from James' Workes has been modernized for ease of reading. Learn about Jacobean spelling and typeset here at a summary for King James' Workes. A facsimile copy of James' Workes is also available at that link.]
THE GUNPOWDER PLOT OF 1605
- What was the Gunpowder Plot?
- Roman Catholics attempted to kill King James I only because of their zeal for false doctrines of the Roman Catholic religion (which basically state that it is a "meritorious" thing to kill kings out of favour with the pope)
- The chief promotors of the Gunpowder Plot were Roman Catholic Clergy--specifically Jesuits.
- There has been a long time, historic Roman Catholic interference in politics.
- A strange thing can be heard today--that King James was Roman Catholic--but King James said that he had NEVER been Roman Catholic.
- Primary source documentation on the Gunpowder Plot. Read from King James himself about what happened.
- Knowledge of the Gunpowder Plot can direct the attention as to what has been happening in the earth.
- What about after the Gunpowder plot? The Jesuits seem to have continued to take on a life of their own.
- Taking a look around.
- Looking around some more.
What was the Gunpowder Plot?
In the Gunpowder Plot of 1605, Roman Catholics (amongst them Jesuits) attempted to blow up and kill King James I of Great Britain, his wife, his son, and the entire British Parliament in a single stroke. King James often wrote about the popes, Roman Catholic recusants taught to kill for the pope, and about the Jesuits and their political intrigues and evil deeds. Even today, the Gunpowder Plot is still remembered every November 5 on Guy Fawkes (a Gunpowder Plot conspirator) day. On this page, find links to primary source documentation detailing what happened.
Roman Catholics attempted to kill King James I
only because of their zeal for false doctrines of the Roman Catholic religion
(which basically state that it is a "meritorious" thing to kill kings out of favour with the pope).
"...how wonderful it is when you shall think upon the small, or rather no ground, whereupon the practicers were enticed to invent this Tragedie. For if these Conspirators had only been bankrupt persons, or discontented upon occasion of any disgraces done unto them; this might have seemed to have been but a work of revenge. But for my own part, I scarcely knew any of them, so cannot they alledge so much as a pretended cause of grief: And the wretch himself in hands doeth confess, That there was no cause mooving him or them, but merely and only Religion. And specially that christian men, at least so called, Englishmen, born within the Country, and one of the specials of them my sworn Servant in an Honourable place, should practice the destruction of their King, his Posterity, their Country and all: Wherein their following obstinacy is so joined to their former malice, as the fellow himself that is in hand, cannot be moved to discover any signs or notes of repentance, except only that he doeth not yet stand to avow, that he repents for not being able to perform his intent." King James Speech in the Parliament House (1605), Workes p. 499
The chief promotors of the Gunpowder Plot were Roman Catholic Clergy--specifically Jesuits.
The trial records indicate that it was Roman Catholic Jesuit traitors who spurred on other Roman Catholic traitors to kill the king, his wife, his son and heir apparent, the Parliament, etc.--
The Effect of the Indictment.
THAT whereas our Sovereign Lord the King had, by the Advice and Assent of his Council, for divers weighty and urgent Occasions concerning, his Majesty, the State, and Defence of the Church and Kingdom of England, appointed a Parliament to be holden at his City of Westminster; That Henry Garnet, Superior of the Jesuits within the Realm of England, (called also by the several names of Wally, Darcy, Roberts, Farmer, and Henry Philips) Oswald Tesmond Jesuit, otherwise called Oswald Greenwell, John Gerrard Jesuit, (called also by the several names of Lee and Brooke) Robert Winter, Thomas Winter, Gentlemen, Guy Fawkes Gent. otherwise called Guy Johnson, Robert Keyes Gent. and Thomas Bates Yeoman, late Servant to Robert Catesby Esquire; together with the said Robert Catesby and Thomas Percy Esquires, John Wright and Christopher Wright Gentlemen, in open Rebellion and Insurrection against his Majesty, lately slain, and Francis Tresham Esq; lately dead; as false Traitors against our said Sovereign Lord the King, did traitorously meet and assemble themselves together; and being so met, the said Henry Garnet, Oswald Tesmond, John Gerrard, and other Jesuits, did maliciously, falsly, and traitorously move and persuade as well the said Thomas Winter, Guy Fawkes, Robert Keyes, and Thomas Bates, as the said Robert Catesby, Thomas Percy, John Wright, Christopher Wright, and Francis Tresham, That our said Sovereign Lord the King, the Nobility, Clergy, and whole Commonalty of the Realm of England, (Papists excepted) were Hereticks; and that all Hereticks were accursed and excommunicate; and that none Heretick could be a King; but that it was lawful and meritorious to kill our said Sovereign Lord the King, and all other Hereticks within this Realm of England, for the Advancing and Enlargement of the pretended and usurped Authority and Jurisdiction of the Bishop of Rome, and for the restoring of the superstitious Romish Religion within this Realm of England. To which traitorous Persuasions, the said Thomas Winter, Guy Fawkes, Robert Keyes, Thomas Bates, Robert Catesby, Thomas Percy, John Wright, Christopher Wright, and Francis Tresham, traitorously did yield their Assents: And that thereupon the said Henry Garnet, Oswald Tesmond, John Gerrard, and divers other Jesuits; Thomas Winter, Guy Fawkes, Robert Keyes, and Thomas Bates, as also the said Robert Catesby, Thomas Percy, John Wright, Christopher Wright and Francis Tresham, traitorously amongst themselves did conclude and agree, with Gunpowder, as it were with one Blast, suddenly, traitorously and barbarously to blow up and tear in pieces our said Sovereign Lord the King, the excellent, virtuous and gracious Queen Anne, his dearest Wife, the most noble Prince Henry, their eldest Son, and future Hope and Joy of England; and the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, the Reverend Judges of the Realm, the Knights, Citizens and Burgesses of Parliament, and divers other faithful Subjects and Servants of the King in the said Parliament, for the Causes aforesaid, to be assembled in the House of Parliament; and all them, without any respect of Majesty, Dignity, Degree, Sex, Age or Place, most barbarously, and more than beastly, traitorously and suddenly to destroy and swallow up. And further did most traitorously conspire and conclude among themselves, That not only the whole Royal Issue-Male of our said Sovereign Lord the King should be destroyed and rooted out; but that the Persons aforesaid, together with divers other false Traitors, traitorously with them to be assembled, should surprize the Persons of the most noble Ladies Elizabeth and Mary, Daughters of our said Sovereign Lord the King, and falsly and traitorously should proclaim the said Lady Elizabeth to be Queen of this Realm: And thereupon should publish a Proclamation in the name of the said Lady Elizabeth; wherein, as it was especially agreed by and between the said Conspirators, That no mention should be made at the first, of the alteration of Religion established within within this Realm of England; neither would the said false Traitors therein acknowledge themselves to be Authors, or Actors, or Devisers of the aforesaid most wicked and horrible Treasons, until they had got sufficient Power and Strength for the assured Execution and Accomplishment of their said Conspiracy and Treason; and that then they would avow and justify the said most wicked and horrible Treasons, as Actions that were in the number of those, Quae non laudantur, nisi peracta, which be not to be commended before they be done: but by the said feign'd and traitorous Proclamation they would publish, That all and singular Abuses and Grievances within this Realm of England, should, for satisfying of the People, be reform'd. And that as well for the better concealing, as for the more effectual accomplishing of the said horrible Treasons, as well the said Thomas Winter, Guy Fawkes, Robert Keyes, and Thomas Bates, as the said Robert Catesby, Thomas Percy, John Wright, Christopher Wright, and Francis Tresham, by the traitorous Advice and Procurement of the said Henry Garnet, Oswald Tesmond, John Gerrard, and other Jesuits, traitorously did further conclude and agree, that as well the said Thomas Winter, Guy Fawkes, Robert Keyes, and Thomas Bates, as the said Robert Catesby, Thomas Percy, John Wright, Christopher Wright, and Francis Tresham, thereupon severally and traitorously should receive several corporal Oaths upon the holy Evangelists, and the Sacrament of the Eucharist, That they the Treasons aforesaid would traitorously conceal and keep secret, and would not reveal them, directly or indirectly, by Words or Circumstances, nor ever would desist from the Execution and final Accomplishment of the said Treasons, without the consent of some three of the aforesaid false Traitors first in that behalf traitorously had: And that thereupon as well the said Thomas Winter, Guy Fawkes, Robert Keyes, and Thomas Bates, as the said Robert Catesby, Thomas Percy, John Wright, Christ. Wright, and Francis Tresham, did traitorously take the said several corporal Oaths severally, and did receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist aforesaid, by the Hands of the said Henry Garnet, John Gerrard, Oswald Tesmond, and other Jesuits. And further, that the said Thomas Winter, Guy Fawkes,Robert Keyes, and Thomas Bates, together with the said Robert Catesby, Thomas Percy, John Wright,Christopher Wright, and Francis Tresham, by the like traitorous Advice and Counsel of the said Henry Garnet, John Gerrard, Oswald Tesmond, and other Jesuits, for the more effectual compassing and final execution of the said Treasons, did. . . [Read more]Excerpted from, The Trials of Robert Winter, Thomas Winter, Guy Fawkes, John Grant, Ambrose Rookwood, Robert Keyes, Thomas Bates, and Sir Everard Digby, at Westminster for High-Treason, being Conspirators in the Gunpowder-Plot. 27 Jan. 1605. 3 Jac. l.
Quote from James' Remonstrance for the Right of Kings--"...the chief promoters, the complices of the powder-conspiracie in my Kingdom? were they not Ecclesiastics?"--King James I, King of Great Britain
A Remonstrance for the Right of Kings, and the Independance of Their Crownes, Against an Oration of the Most Illustrious Card. of Perron, Pronounced in the Chamber of the Third Estate. Jan. 15 1615 [Workes, p. 381]
There has been a long time, historic Roman Catholic interference in politics.
In light of historic Roman Catholic recusancy against kings, toppling thrones, assassinating kings, ordering kings around in the most grievous manner, deceiving kings (e.g., the Donation of Constantine), making kings their vassals, etc. it is little wonder that King James spoke so often about the divine right of kings to rule their own kingdoms. He often spoke about Rome's role in such an abominable practice. A quote from his Remonstrance for the Right of Kings (Workes, p. 393)--"Was not he that killed the forenamed King, was not he one of the Clergy? Was not Guignard a Jesuit? ...Did not Ravaillac that monster of men, upon interrogatories made at his examination...refer his examiners to the Sermons made the Lent next before, where they might be satisfied concerning the causes of his abominable undertaking and execution? Are not Bellarmine, Eudaemonoiohannes, Suarez, Becanus, Mariana, with such other monsters, who teach the doctrine of parricides [king killing (kings as fathers of the countries, not like the businessman-kings today)]...are they not all Clerics? are not all their bookes approved and allowed...? What were the heads, the chief promoters, the complices of the powder-conspiracie in my Kingdom? were they not Ecclesiastics?"
A strange thing can be heard today--that King James was Roman Catholic--but King James said that he had NEVER been Roman Catholic.
Our article, King James was NEVER Roman Catholic includes information on what appears to be an extremely misleading excerpt found on the Fordham University website (Fordham is a Jesuit university). The Fordham webpage has an out-of-context excerpt from James' Workes (his Premonition) emphasizing where King James states that he was a Catholic Christian--in the paragraph right before that statement king James was emphasizing that he had NEVER been Catholic. Moreover, the entire Premonition itself was a broadside against Rome. Is this an example of the Jesuit "way of proceeding" mentioned at the University of Scranton (a Jesuit university) website? An excerpt from our index page--An excerpt from, "Jesuit Tradition" at www.scranton.edu/about/jesuit-tradition/index.shtml (emphases ours)--Our Mission
The University of Scranton is a Catholic and Jesuit university animated by the spiritual vision and the tradition of excellence characteristic of the Society of Jesus* and those who share its way of proceeding. . . . (as of 5-24-2014)*The Roman Catholic Jesuit order is known, of all things, as the "Society of Jesus" (a misnomer if ever there were one)
Primary source documentation on the Gunpowder Plot.
Read from King James himself about what happened.
- King James VI & I on the Gunpowder Plot (Extracts from speech to Parliament, 1605. King James did not want non-guilty Roman Catholics to receive any unjust treatment by his people.)
- A Discourse of the manner of the discovery of the Powder Treason, joined with the examination of some of the prisoners (By King James, taken from his Workes, pp. 223. This is an interesting, up close, play-by-play overview of how King James and the British Parliament were miraculously spared being blown up in the Gunpowder Plot/Powder Treason by Roman Catholics conspirators such as Guido Fawkes, Jesuit conspirators Garnet, Owldecorne, etc. One also has the opportunity to see with what fairness King James and his Counsellors proceeded, in order, by law, by mercy only shewing the rack to the obstinate, disrespectful Guido Fawkes. To call any of the executed conspirators a martyr is a blatant proof of unrepentance for such an heinous attempt. One also sees that one of the kings subjects had a dear relationship with a Catholic involved in the Plot--it was this Catholic that tried to warn that subject not to be in the Parliament house--there was not a hate relationship with Catholics in England. Their history of popes and Jesuits troubling the state required action in order to secure the state (witness the Spanish Armada of 1588). During those times, Roman Catholics were openly taught that it is a "meritorious" good thing to kill a king out of the pope's favor. "Ultramontanes" ("over the mountain") refers to Catholics who are citizens in various countries, but their first allegiance lies in the decrees of the Roman Catholic pope, the pope--at will--can release them from their loyalty to their king/ruler.
- King James I and the Defense of the Right of Kings (Includes telling excerpts from the trial of the Gunpowder Plot conspirators.]
- Transcription of the Gunpowder Plot Trial Taken from Collection of State Trials.
- Mischief Mystery; or Treason's Masterpiece, the Powder Plot A 1617 tract against the evil deeds of the Roman Catholic institution.
- A SPEACH IN THE PARLIAMENT HOVSE, AS NEERE THE VERY WORDS AS COULD BE GATHERED AT THE INSTANT [ANNO 1605] [1605, Workes pp. 499-508] In the wake of the discovery of the Gunpowder Plot, a thankful James addresses Parliament, rehearsing the great and miraculous deliverance that God has granted him.
- A PREMONITION TO ALL MOST MIGHTIE MONARCHES, KINGS, FREE PRINCES, AND STATES OF CHRISTENDOME [Workes pp. 287-338] James warns and awakens his fellow princes to the papal threat to royal authority. Includes information on Jesuits involved in the Powder Treason, Roman Catholic doctrine teaching that Church-men are not subject to Kings or Princes; etc.
Knowledge of the Gunpowder Plot can direct the attention as to what has been happening in the earth.
The Gunpowder Plot of 1605 is much more than a single, unfortunate incident. For those who are seeking the truth, it can help open the door as to who the Roman Catholic institution is, what she* has done, and what has been happening in the earth. *MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT is a woman (see Revelation 17)--the issue regarding these last days is not "anti-Catholic" or any such thing; the Authorized (King James) Version of 1611 of the Bible makes it clear that the issue is "antichrist" and it shows the precise characteristics of antichrist and the man of sin. Right now, each person is making his choice as to whether he will serve the Lord Jesus Christ according to his word, or whether he will serve him not. A beast and man of sin shall arise in the earth (Satan shall give him his seat, and power, and great authority (Revelation 13)--the one world leader for the one world government/new world order); the people that receiveth the mark of the beast in their hand or in their forehead, will be cast into the lake of fire for ever. The spirituality of this "new" order is devil worship the contemplative prayer/yoga/meditation/kabbalism/mystics/etc. use similar repetitive techniques to contact the devil directly. The God of the Bible cannot be contacted directly. Men must come through his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Church people are becoming perilously close to the unpardonable sin--they are ignorantly and horribly using names of God in order to contact devils which they think are God--they need to repent and obey God's word. Christians shall be hated of all nations, but God's people will endure the wrath and war made against them and shall live forever. As people continue to interact with evil spirits, it is easy to see how that influence will only deepen their anger and hatred towards those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ and keep his word. How to Get to Heaven ||| Hell is Real.
What about after the Gunpowder plot?
The Roman Catholic Jesuits seem to have continued to take on a life of their own.
- History shows that the Jesuits went forth to continue interfering in the political affairs of nations and causing troubles, even amongst popes, Catholics, and Catholic kings. In terms of their history, they started out as a group to basically arrest and overturn the gains of the Protestant Reformation (officially approved by a pope circa 1540), but the order took on a life of its own through its various techniques. According to Pope Clement XIV (in his suppression of the Jesuit order), the attempts of popes to reign in the evil deeds of the order basically failed. Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuit order for ever in 1773; he was dead in 1774. He delineated the errors of the Jesuits in his brief for the effectual suppression of the Order of the Jesuits, (Dominus ac Redemptor)*. *It has been said that this document was first issued as a brief Dominus ac Redemptor and was later re-issued as a papal "bull" entitled, Dominus ac Redemptor Noster.
- The Jesuit order was restored by Pope Pius VII in 1814 (under what some say were dubious circumstances). According to Funk & Wagnalls (c. 1965, entry for "JESUITS or SOCIETY OF JESUS"), "...in 1814 Pope Pius VII re-established the Jesuits on a world-wide basis. Political and religious OPPOSITION ALSO REVIVED; since the re-establishment of the order, it has been free from attack only in Denmark, Sweden, England, and the United States.).
The order was revived in time for the nefarious Congress of Vienna (1814-1815) from whence came "the Holy Alliance". The situation: the countries of the world wanted to be free like America. There is no room for tyrants for people who want to be free and do not believe in superstitions. There was essentially a war to suppresses popular governments and principles of freedom. Former Roman Catholics--priests (e.g. Charles Chiniquy; Bernard Fresenborg, William Hogan), former Roman Catholic nun M.F. Cusak (in her The Black Pope: A History of the Jesuits), Jesuits (e.g. Alberto Rivera in modern times), etc. wrote and spoke about the what was going on and planned for America.
- Notwithstanding numerous books and warnings, the Roman Catholic Jesuits continued to trouble governments and peoples. According to Funk & Wagnalls Standard Encyclopedia (c. 1965), the Roman Catholic Jesuit Order has been expelled from every country in Europe. They landed on the shores of America and found a home. Many persons (whether secular or religious) have written about the deeds of Roman Catholic Jesuits, including Samuel Breese Morse, inventor of Morse Code. Mr. Morse on the Jesuits--They are JESUITS. This society of men, after exerting their tyranny for upwards of 200 years, at length became so formidable to the world, threatening the entire subversion of all social order, that even the Pope, whose devoted subjects they are, and must be, by the vow of their society, was compelled to dissolve them. They had not been suppressed, however, for 50 years, before the waning influence of Popery and Despotism required their useful labours, to resist the spreading light of Democratic liberty, and the Pope, (Pius VII,) simultaneously with the formation of the Holy Alliance, revived the order of the Jesuits in all their power. From their vow of "unqualified submission to the Sovereign Pontiff," they have been appropriately called the Pope's body guard. It should be known, that Austrian influence elected the present Pope; his body guard are therefore at the service of Austria, and these are the soldiers that the Leopold Society has sent to this country, and they are agents of this society, to execute its designs, whatever these designs may be. And do Americans need to be told what Jesuits are? If any are ignorant, let them inform themselves of their history without delay; no time is to be lost: their workings are before you in every day's events: they are a secret society, a sort of Masonic order, with superadded features of most revolting odiousness, and a thousand times more dangerous. They are not confined to one class in society; they are not merely priests, or priests of one religious creed, they are merchants, and lawyers, and editors, and men of any profession, and no profession, having no outward badge, (in this country,) by which to be recognised; they are about in all your society. They can assume any character, that of angels of light, or ministers of darkness, to accomplish their one great end, the service upon which they are sent, whatever that service may be. "They are all educated men, prepared, and sworn to start at any moment, in any direction, and for any service, commanded by the general of their order, bound to no family, community, or country, by the ordinary ties which bind men; and sold for life to the cause of the Roman Pontiff."
These are the men at this moment ordered to America. And can they do nothing, Americans, to derange the free workings of your democratic institutions? Can they not, and do they not fan the slightest embers of discontent into a flame, those thousand little differences which must perpetually occur in any society, into riot, and quell its excess among their own people as it suits their policy and the establishment of their own control? Yes, they can be the aggressors, and contrive to be the aggrieved. They can do the mischief, and manage to be publicly lauded for their praiseworthy forbearance and their suffering patience. They can persecute, and turn away the popular indignation, ever roused by the cry of persecution from themselves, and make it fall upon their victim. They can control the press in a thousand secret ways. They can write under the signature of "Whig," to-day, and if it suits their turn, "Tory," to-morrow. They can be Democrat to-day, and Aristocrat to-morrow. They can out-American Americans in admiration of American institutions to-day, and "condemn them as unfit for any people" to-morrow. These are the men that Austria has sent here, that she supplies with money, with whom she keeps up an active correspondence, and whose officers (the Bishops) are passing back and forth between Europe and America, doubtless to impart that information orally which would not be so safe committed to writing.
Is there no danger to the Democracy of the country from such formidable foes arrayed against it? (Samuel Finnley Breese Morse, inventor of Morse Code, Imminent Dangers to the Free Institutions of the United States Through Foreign Immigration, and the Present State of the Naturalization Laws Number 3, 1835)
- "Their [Vatican and its Jesuits] help was the main force behind the lightning rise of Hitler..."
- The Jesuits as modern-day schoolmasters
- "The German COLLEGE, begun by Ignatius in Rome with 24 non-Jesuit students who were to be prepared for the secular priesthood, became AN INCREASINGLY POWERFUL WEAPON IN THE COUNTER REFORMATION IN THE EMPIRE.*" (Encyclopedia Americana (copyright 1971), "Jesuits", page 38 (emphases ours)]"*People who control textbooks and education have power to teach whatever to--what a startling statement--Education as a Weapon of the Counter Reformation (Counter Reformation: Rome's response to the Protestant Reformation. She sought to overturn the gains of the Protestant Reformation. Protestant Reformation: Catholics started reading the Bible and seeing the blasphemies and heresies of the Roman Catholic institution--some left her and became known as Protestants (see John Wycliffe, Huss, Martin Luther, William Tyndale, etc.). The sons of Loyola came into action around 1540 and sought to overturn this situation, bringing all back to the feet of Rome.
- "THE MOST PROMINENT WORK OF THE SOCIETY OF JESUS IN THE UNITED STATES HAS UNDOUBTEDLY BEEN THAT OF HIGHER EDUCATION. High schools, colleges and universities built up and staffed by the Society are widely spread throughout the country. In 1954 there were 41 high schools and 28 colleges and universities maintained by the Society in the United States. The numbers of students for the same year were: high schools, 25,155; colleges and universities, 97,183. THIS VAST EDUCATIONAL WORK OF THE SOCIETY IN THE UNITED STATES CAN BE MATCHED, insofar as local conditions permit, IN EVERY PART OF THE WORLD WHERE JESUITS ARE TO BE FOUND." (ibid, pp. 39-40)
- A 2014 newspaper ad referencing, "the common good" and "civic life in America" ad at the end of "The Common Good".
Taking a look around.
- The Papacy: An Overview of Its History and Nature A look at history reveals that the doctrine of papal supremacy (the pope is the ruler over all Christians, etc.) is rooted and grounded in the decrees of the imperial Roman empire itself, not the Bible. Papal supremacy actually denies the word of God--the disciples are not to exercise lordship and authority over each other (see Mark 10:42-43). That is why the fruit of it is corrupt (e.g., false doctrine (cath.htm), killing people (inquisition.htm), forgery (Donation of Constantine), etc.). There is no room for a pope in the word of God--one is our Master, even Christ; and we are all brethren (see Matthew 23:8-12).
- Rise of the papal states, their loss, and the Lateran treaty of 1929.
- The Reformation, the Jesuits, and the Counter-Reformation
- The Paraguay Reductions and the Communeros
- Immigration and Naturalization Laws (Morse, 1835)
- A fresh look at books like Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto reveals tricks and techniques for taking down a free and prospering people--things like a licentious (filthy) literature, entertainments, scorning and mocking the best people, getting others to hate (instead of honor) the strong (the strong people help the rest of us), calling theft "redistribution of the wealth" (thereby basically making everybody an equal slave), etc. Sinful, ignorant people are weak, credulous and easily moved to rebellion (a fresh look at King James' Trew Law of Free Monarchies is in order--substantial excerpts of Trew Law are found in this article (The Seduced Opinion of the Multitude).
- The Ultramontanes
- Is there really a separation between church and state in the United States of America?
- Modern political activity--Roman hierarchy within individual nations, United Nations, United States of America, etc. "The Catholic Church is organised into local hierarchies within each nation, or group of smaller nations. National Conferences of Bishops co-ordinate local policy within each nation. (emphases ours; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_organisation_of_the_Catholic_Church (8/6/12))
- Modern religious activity--ecumenism, Spiritual Exercises, etc.
- The "common good" (Read about the long-time (over 120 years old) Roman Catholic social doctrine and "common good" doctrine that has erected itself more prominently in the earth today. Brute force could not do the job anymore and the arts of peace rose up. One expression of the arts of peace looks like this, "Let's start holding hands and singing songs and working together for the common good." In the 1960s the Vatican II council came and with it the ecumenical movement that looks like, "Let's all get together...me [the pope of Rome] at the top :o)." Somebody noted that Rome is a persecuting church (a brief look at history shows that). Others note a motto ascribed to her "semper eadem," "always the same" as in she does not change. Her canon laws and curses/anathemas of the Council of Trent, from what I understand, are still on the books have not be repealed. Croatia showed what horrendous bloodflow happened when her legions got involved in making Croatia Catholic and persecuting and killing those that did not submit to her imperialistic requirements.)
- What is Georgetown, Archbishop, CFR, Opus Dei, masons, etc....
Looking around some more.
- Why the relentless war against the so-called "W.A.S.P." (White Anglo Saxon Protestant)*? It seems that anybody and everybody can be "proud" of their heritage except for him (for those who eyes are open, this prejudice can be seen in various places (including school books)--he seems to only be blamed while others go unexamined. His Bible is derided while any myth and legend is exalted and while the United States has diplomatic relations with the Roman Catholic "Holy See" (the seat of the Pope of Rome). From whom is the White Anglo Saxon Protestant man is descended? His fathers in Great Britain translated the Authorized Version, wrote the Constitution, thrived under American principles of liberty, went on to become a world superpower in short order, his fathers invented, were skilled and industrious, were amongst the abolitionists, welcomed the immigrants, gave American citizens opportunities and jobs whereby we could know God and feed our families, etc.** Is it possible that someone has not forgotten what happened in 1517 (the Protestant Reformation)? And is it possible that someone has not forgotten the Counter Reformation? ...Why don't we hear insightful quotes about Roman Catholic Christopher Columbus being "the first slave trader in the New World" (The History of the Holy Bible In the United States of America-Volume I, p. 19)? Why do we not hear what he did to the friendly, welcoming Arawak Indians (ibid, pp. 19-20)? Why do we not learn of excerpts such as, "According to The Conquest of America by Tzvetan Todorov, Columbus wrote to Ferdinand and Isabella [King and Queen of Spain] in 1496, 'We can send from here, in the name of the Holy Trinity, all the slaves and brazil wood which could be sold'" (ibid, p. 20)? Why did we not learn that the Roman Catholic Jesuits were slaveholders (The Truth in Charity: A History of The Archdiocese of Washington, p. 12)? Why did we not read The Secret History of the Jesuits (by Edmond Paris) and the words of Loyolan (Jesuit) Father Coughlin on Nazi Germany, "The German war is a battle for Christianity"?*[note: in order to pre-empt cavil (false objections), we disclose that the author of this statement is a Black American. Christian brethren are brethren--race matters not, God made us all of one blood; but there are cavilers who will raise any false objection in order to stop people from telling the truth--including insinuating that any white person telling the truth is a racist.]
**[aside: There was a time that those that wanted to be scholars could further their education and those that wanted to work with their hands could quit school and work and not be trapped learning "book learning" all their young years and into adulthood. There was a time when Americans had factory jobs and many opportunities--some of us remember that. Many of us would sign up for a factory jobs today, if they were available, but they are not. Much of our industry/product-making is gone (as well as the old-time American quality that some of us remember); looking around at the job market, we find sales of imported goods, restaurant jobs, paperwork jobs, etc. but, by-and-large, not production. Others elsewhere seem to have those jobs.]
- What did President John F. Kennedy mean when he said* that "we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy" that "is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, scientific and political operations"?*[JFK_monolithic_conspiracy.mp3; 9:40; Speech Title: "The President and the Press", Delivered: 4-27-1961, Location: Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, Audience: The American Newspaper Publishers Association--relfe.com/A06/jfk_conspiracy_illuminati_speech.html (accessed approximately 2-15-14)]*
- Is there an international brotherhood and coordinated action? A cabal and subcabals?
- Who owns the newspapers and news channels, publication houses, various media, etc.? They keep getting bought up, sometimes in groups. Unsurprisingly, public opinion is swayed by these ubiquitous companions to industrialized man. These things become people's thoughts and beliefs. What if two contrary sentiments are proffered to the people, but both are wrong? The person makes what they think is the best choice so they think they are free and have freedom of choice, but they actually are deceived and making a series of wrong choices.
- Who writes the books and textbooks? Who publishes the books and textbooks?
- Who is behind the entertainments? seminaries? associations, foundations, and various herders-together of interest groups, etc.?
- Who makes the documentaries?
- Who knows who?
- In the midst of various considerations, money (sources (whether legal or illegal) and payments (bribes, payroll, etc.)) must be considered; for the love of money is the root of all evil. Many people will do anything for money, e.g., pass whatever law they are told to pass.
Home Page for hundreds of articles