CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER: A QUICK ROAD TO HELL FOR A DISOBEDIENT CHURCH
Part V: Kundalini Awakening--(1) Reported Symptoms and (2) Counsel For How the Repentant Can Leave It Behind
What you will read on this page:
- Kundalini Awakening Can Be Triggered Unintentionally
- A website warns about the dangers of kundalini awakening without the proper precautions and readiness [our note: no matter what precautions are taken kundalini awakening still involves the entrance of the serpent/devil. The precautions seems to make the person able to "handle" the presence of the devil.]
- Kundalini Awakening Symptoms
- Counsel for how the repentant can leave the serpent behind
*** PREFACE ***
Doing an internet search for warnings about and the dangers of kundalini can take a person to comments by Hindus themselves that warn that people must be "ready" for kundalini awakening. People who ignorantly participate in vain repetition/mantra spirituality are humming out calls to the devil and can wake up the serpent and experience disturbing and detrimental mental and physical symptoms.
*** KUNDALINI AWAKENING CAN BE TRIGGERED UNINTENTIONALLY ***
When a person is doing mantra meditation, whether yoga, transendental meditation, etc., kundalini awakening can occur--whether on purpose or accidentally.
- on purpose (Some people want kundalini awakening to occur--they want to get to the supernatural powers stage or to the dissolution of the mind stage.) or
- accidentally (the person is not expecting it, is terrified, and their life is changed). I received an email some years ago from a person that went to a yoga "healer" because that person was sick. The person came out with Kundalini awakening (this was probably the first time I heard of kundalini awakening). It was apparently a spontaneous kundalini awakening occurring with the touch of a yogi. An excerpt of the email (kundalin.txt--lightly edited, e.g., punctuation, for clarity; emphases ours)--Subject: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:07:47 -0500 (EST)
. . . I read your web site. I have been in kundalini awakening for 10 years by a so called healer. I was very sick. So I went to a healer. Well she happened to be a shaman yogi. I was only 24 years old. I have been fighting for my life ever since the kundalini rose I can't even begin to tell you. I have energy non stop FROM THE MOMENT SHE HAS TOUCHED ME. All I wanted to do is meditate after. [T]he energy is so strong I feel connected non stop to the universe. It is such a sad way of life I don't even feel like I have my soul anymore. I went through dark night of the soul. [T]hey say once you open your kundalini you can't shut it, well I have not been able to shut mine. . . . Yoga is a very sick religion and spiritually you feel dead you were right when you said nothing good comes from Yoga. Guru's are extremely dangerous individuals. Let Christians know it could hurt your faith EVEN JUST THE EXERCISE. [L]ook at Christine Grof.
Another example of a person receiving kundalini awakening who appears was not expecting it (from the internet)--". . .I arose my Kundalini. . .I'd been meditating T M [transcendental meditation] for one year. It was the ordinary T M, no advanced practice. I sat down and closed my eyes as usual this Saturday morning. When I had meditated for about ten minutes a scary silence entered my inner self. . . a bright light engulfed me with such power that I levitated. It was like diving into the sun. . . I was terrified, I was physically hovering above the ground for a second, I opened my eyes in terror and fell. . . Ever since that second I haven't slept as a human, I lost my sleep! Whenever I closed my eyes, I saw the flames of Hell, I didn't dear [sic] close my eyes, I couldn't! This was over 17 years ago. I became a psychiatric case, 26 times I've been hospitalized."
Ignorant and disobedient church people who pursue "contemplative spirituality" are chanting in mantra meditation just like the heathens/magicians/enchanters/wizards/workers with familiar spirits/etc. have for centuries; church people are calling for those same devils that the heathen has called for--regardless of whether they realize it or not. How can they not get kundalini awakening? They are apparently getting some warnings, even if not many. The following excerpt is from Part III--Kundalini awakening is extremely dangerous. Even adherents of hinduism warn against the dangers of unleashing the kundalini in people who are not "prepared" for it. Unsurprisingly, one can find warnings from a well-known advocate of contemplative prayer (it is easy to surmise that antichristians performing mantras would get possessed with the kundalini serpent power). The following is excerpted from "Contemplative Prayer or Terror?" by Roger Oakland (understandingthetimes.org)--Contemplative Terror
As previously stated, the purpose of contemplative prayer is to become more in tune with God. Further, we have documented where the idea originated. While not found in the Bible, it can be found in the sacred writings of Eastern religions. Further, the idea has been adapted for modern day Christianity and it is becoming very popular. Now, there is one more thing about contemplative prayer that I would like to mention. Richard Foster, one of the most well known promoters of contemplative prayer, claims there is reason to be cautious. Quoting from his book Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home:I also want to give a word of precaution. In the silent contemplation of God we are entering deeply into the spiritual realm, and there is such a thing as supernatural guidance that is not divine guidance. While the Bible does not give us a lot of information on the nature of the spiritual world, we do know... there are various orders of spiritual beings, and some of them are definitely not in cooperation with God and his way! ... But for now I want to encourage you to learn and practice prayers of protection... "All dark and evil spirits must now leave." 
I cannot find a single place in the Bible where we are instructed to pray a prayer of protection before we pray. The fact that Foster recognizes contemplative prayer can open the door to the fallen spirit world is very revealing.
What is this - praying to the God of the Bible but instead contacting [devils]? Maybe contemplative prayer should be renamed "contemplative terror".
Even more suspect is the idea that contemplative prayer is only for a select group. Again, pay attention to what Richard Foster claims:At the onset I need to give a word of warning, a little like the warning labels on medicine bottles. Contemplative prayer is not for the novice. I do not say this about other forms of prayer. All are welcome, regardless of proficiency or expertise, to enter freely into adoration and meditation and intercession and a host of other approaches to prayer. But contemplation is different. While we are all precious in the eyes of God, we are all not equally ready to listen to God's speech in his wondrous, terrible, gentle, loving, all embracing silence. 
Did you get it? Foster promotes a form of prayer that is only for the mature, select, proficient, experts who are "ready to listen" to God. [our note: perhaps it would be better said, "prepared to be possessed by the devil and hear his commands"]
In Part 3 of this series we also learned that some contemplative prayer practitioners are being advised to consult a book written by a world famous occultist when they start experiencing "spiritual unfolding" and other "unusual experiences"--exactly what unusual experinces?--like Kundalini/serpent power awakening/possession? An excerpt from Part III--*** THE NEXT STEP IN THE DESCENT TO HELL ***
After embarking on this unwise and dangerous course [contemplative prayer]--and being successful--the professed Christians are advised that if they want to go further in their journey that they should read certain books--which can include books by occultists. The following quote comes from A Time of Departing by Ray Yungen (page 46, bold emphases ours)--New Agers see contemplative prayer as one of their own practices...
Perhaps the most compelling example of all is one by a prominent figure in the contemplative prayer movement itself, Tilden Edwards. Edwards is the founder of the prestigious Shalem Institute in Washington, D.C.--a center which turns out spiritual directors from its training programs. In his book, Spiritual Friend, Edwards suggests those who practice contemplative prayer and have begun "spiritual unfolding" and other "unusual experiences," should turn to a book titled Psychosynthesis in order to understand the "dynamics" at "certain stages."35 For the Christian, there is a major problem with this advice. The book Edwards recommends is a book written by a world famous occultist, Roberto Assagioh.
These dynamics for certain stages of "spiritual unfolding" may be desirable by those in tune with occultism, but remember, Edwards is seeking to draw Christians into this form of prayer. Edwards himself puts to rest any pretense that this is truly Christian when he openly admits, "This mystical stream [contemplative prayer] is the Western bridge to Far Eastern spirituality*."36
In noting the title of the above-referenced book (Psychosynthesis) it brings to mind something I heard in a video about how hinduism did not take off in America until was basically marketed as "scientific". Somebody called biofeedback "electronic yoga".
*** A WEBSITE WARNS ABOUT THE DANGERS OF KUNDALINI AWAKENING ***
The following are quotes from a website (kundalini.se/eng/engbrosch.html) that does not denounce kundalini but warns what can happen when kundalini arises without precautions and readiness (emphases ours)--"A Kundalini release can be triggered by erroneous meditation, yoga, rebirthing, holotropic breathing, reiki, qigong, healing, tantra, transcendental meditation and other eastern or new age spiritual exercises. When the kundalini energy is rising. . . it can cause big problems for the bodily and mental health. We have got hundreds of mails from people around the world who have bodily damaged by these artificial spiritual exercises."
"Spiritual kundalini exercises known from Hinduism, a religion of India, that emphasises [sic] freedom from the material world. . .and Buddhistic religions can be very dangerous. Kundalini arousal occurs ESPECIALLY AS AN UNINTENTIONAL SIDE EFFECT OF SPIRITUAL EXERCISES whose goal is higher consciousness. MANY PEOPLE HAVE GONE INSANE from the tremendous kundalini energy and got diagnosis as psychosis, schizophrenia and other similar mental diseases."
"We strongly advice [sic] yoga and meditation teachers and therapists to include which powerful energies[*] they are dealing with, in their education. They should also inform students and clients about the great risk that the brain and nervous system collapses, and about the risk for psychosis. . ."
"Kundalini arousal creates problems, if it is activated at a time when an individual is not morally mature*, thus putting extreme pressure on the physical body and on the unconscious areas of the psyche."*[the website placed a link at this point. The link talked about a person getting "cosmic glimpses before it has reached the normal step in evolution for receiving. . .glimpses or personally experienced cosmic knowledge. The moral stability and nervous constitution necessary for being able to received cosmic glimpses in a normal way has not. . . been developed in the being. The cosmic glimpses can therefore very easily damage the nerves and mentality of the being."]
*** KUNDALINI SYMPTOMS ***
The above-referenced website has a list of "typical" kundalini symptoms, some of which are found below (and mixed in with others). This is not to say that this list is comprehensive nor that all of those that experience kundalini awakening will experience all of these symptoms.REPORTED KUNDALINI SYMPTOMS:
- feeling one with the universe
- non-stop energy
- heightened fears
- sensations in the privy area, spine, or head
- Burning hot or ice cold streams moving up the spine.
- Perhaps a feeling of air bubbles or snake movement up through the body.
- Pains in varying locations throughout the body.
- Tension or stiffness of neck, and headaches.
- Feeling of overpressure within the head.
- Vibrations, unease, or cramps in legs and other parts of the body.
- Fast pulse and increased metabolism.
- Disturbance in the breathing- and/or heart function.
- Sensitivity to sound, light, smell, and proximity of other people.
- Mystical/religious experiences, revelations, and/or cosmic glimpses.
- Parapsychological abilities. Light phenomena in or outside the body.
- Problems with finding balance between strong [------] urges, and a wish to live in sublime purity.
- Total isolation due to inability to communicate inner experiences out.
- Experiences of possession and poltergeist phenomena.
Under the website advice for those who are having kundalini problems, "Stop doing meditation, yoga, fasting, breathing exercises for good, whose goal is to reach higher consciousness. They can increase the process. It is a fact that many that meditate or do something spiritual in general get worse. This includes reading of spiritual books and participating in spiritual workshops. . . [our note: BUT NOTICE THE NEXT PART -->] Prayer gives comfort and strength. [even they acknowledge that prayer and meditation are two different things.]
*** COUNSEL FOR HOW THE REPENTANT CAN LEAVE THE SERPENT BEHIND ***
I have read testimonies of persons getting saved and leaving behind hinduism, the new age, and the attending evil spirits. I can recall that in two of these cases the people just left the evil, no special "deliverance" sessions (I do not remember how the other case went). In both of those cases, the spirit(s) tried to come back, but the new Christians testified that they basically shouted at the spirit and told it that they did not belong to it--both of these persons testified that that may not have been the best way to do it, but it did work and they went on in the Christian life. We walk away from that which held us captive. The Bible makes clear that the Lord Jesus cast out devils with his word and so did his people; we can leave evil and we can walk with the Lord--
- Get saved. REPENT of sins, BELIEVE that Jesus died, was buried and rose again the third day AND OBEY HIS WORD. How to Get to Heaven
- Destroy all curious arts. This is what they did in Acts 19:13-20.Acts 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
18 And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.
19 Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.
20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.
Destroy all the curious arts and sorcery/witchcraft/emerging church/magic/enchantment/masonic/occult things that they have, e.g., books, tapes, crystals, statues, images, drawings, incense, incense holders, rosaries, brochures, CDs, DVDs, VHSs, music, cassettes, crosses, pictures, photographs, memberships, magazines, biofeedback and hypnosis materials and practices, yoga, workshop books, unauthorized Bible versions, etc.
- Walk away from the witchcraft life--stop all the witchcraft practices--meditating, yoga, acupuncture, attending workshops, etc. Stop watching television and movies and reading newspapers.
- Read the Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible, obey it, and pray. Overview of the Bible.
- Live the Christian life--read the Bible, pray, do your daily chores and work (including labor-type work like gardening/cleaning the kitchen/carpentry/organizing the house, drawers, etc.), spend time with your children--working, taking long walks, fishing, etc. Rest on the seventh day. If we are serious with God, it does not take a long time to be delivered--we stop doing wrong and start do right (when I had some tough times, I just kept going, within my mind I was not going back no matter what, the flames lick high). Frankly walk away from wrong. There may be precepts in our Deliverance Series that may be of assistance. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.James 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
- Make your own things, e.g., skirts, workbench, etc.
- Learn about the edible wild plants around you.
- No special teas, foods. No acupuncture, contemplative prayer, meditation, hypnosis, etc. No mantras
- Distance yourself from all occult stores, workshops, sessions, labyrinths, etc. Stop these activities and explain the truth to those whom you may have led into that error, if they wish to hear it, if not simply go forward in the Christian life.
Next: Two Main Magician Paths (magician path based on type of goal a person has)
Notes and Quotes Index
Deception Series and Email Archives